In a fairly anticlimactic move, socially conscious filmmaker Sidney Lumet chose a fellow traveler to join him in the afterlife, taking the minor, counterculture actor Michael Sarrazin. More difficult to understand is the latter’s selection of NYC Marathon great Grete Waitz. That move seems to be a reaction to Sarrazin’s flop as a host of Saturday Night Live in 1978. It appears that, in addition to having it in for NYC generally, he may also have believed that Waitz was related to SNL short-filmmaker Gary Weis.
- The Biggest Triad Since Elvis’@Passing celebritydeathtriad.wordpress.com/2017/08/21/the… https://t.co/t3NHCgE8q9 3 months ago
- The Biggest Triad Since Elvis’@Passing celebritydeathtriad.wordpress.com/2017/08/21/the… https://t.co/HJxfejBjC6 3 months ago
- Code Orange for Chuck Barris, in light of Berry's passing. 8 months ago
- Feeling hopeless about the Trump phenomenon, Chuck E. Berry calls it quits. https://t.co/h6iIV89a55 8 months ago
- Arnold Palmer takes Shimon Peres. Red Alert for Jimmy Carter. 1 year ago